Naan w/ Coriander & Lime Dip
- Prep 1 hour
- Cook 45 mins
- Serves -
Make it with our Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt!
- 4 cups plain flour
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 180ml warm milk
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 birdseye chilli, deseeded
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve sugar in water. Next, add yeast to water and stir until yeast is also dissolved. Leave this to sit for approximately 10 minutes or until it begins to froth.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and dried herbs, mixing to incorporate.
- Once the yeast mixture has foamed and risen, add the milk and yoghurt and stir lightly.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet ingredients, mixing together with a wooden spoon. Once the dough is nearly together, knead lightly until it is fully incorporated. Cover bowl with a damp tea towel or in a proving draw for 1 hour.
- Whilst the naan is resting, make dip by placing all of the ingredients into a food processor and puree. Use salt, pepper and lime juice to adjust seasoning and consistency.
- After an hour, divide dough into 6-8 portions and roll out to approx ¼” thick and in an oval shape.
- To cook, heat olive oil in a griddle pan over a high heat and cook naan for approximately 1 minute or until bubbles start appearing. Then, turn over cook other side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat the process until all naan are cooked. Serve with your dip.